The Three-volume set and the Handbook include the same information except that the Handbook only has three of the 1,193 cases, as shown in Appendix D of the three-volume set.
Foreword (Erwin Chemerinsky)
- Introduction and Overview
- The ACLU’s 1982 Draft Statement of What It Does and How It Does It
- Win/Loss Record of the ACLU in the U.S. Supreme Court by Margin and Decade
- The ACLU’s Wins and Losses at the U.S. Supreme Court (Alphabetically by Case Title)
- Votes of Each Justice on Each ACLU Case from 1925 to 2019 (by Date)
- Percentage of Each Justice’s Votes on the Same Side as the ACLU (Highest to Lowest
- The 51 U.S. Supreme Court Justices from 1925 to 2019; Their Terms; Votes on the ACLU’s Cases; Related Information
- Presidents and the Favorable-Voting Percentage of the Justice(s) They Appointed
- The Number and Percentage of Votes on the ACLU’s Side by the Justice(s) Nominated by Each President
- Appendix A: The Executive Directors of the ACLU from 1920 to 2020
- Appendix B: Methodology
- Appendix C: General Categories of the ACLU / U.S. Supreme Court Cases
- Appendix D: The 1,193 Case Summaries – while the Three-volume set contains all 1,193 cases, the Handbook only contains three of those cases.