The groups particularly interested in this work should include (updated February 18, 2022):
1. Lawyers: There are approximately 1.33 million licensed, active lawyers in the US.
-ABA, “ABA National Lawyer Population Survey…Year 2021,” americanbar.org, accessed February 18, 2022
2. ACLUers: According to the ACLU website, more than 1.7 million members, 500 staff attorneys, thousands of volunteer attorneys, and offices throughout the nation.
-ACLU, “ACLU History,” aclu.org, accessed February 18, 2022
3. Law Libraries and Law Schools: There are about 3,500 members of the American Association of Law Libraries and 199 ABA-Approved Law Schools.
4. Libraries: There are about 116,000 libraries in the US, with about 3,000 academic libraries.
-American Library Association, “Number of Libraries in the United States: Home,” libguides.ala.org, accessed February 18, 2022
5. The media: Newspapers, podcasts, bloggers, vloggers, etc.
In addition, the Trump presidency has sparked increased interest in the rule of law, the ACLU and the Supreme Court.