The groups particularly interested in this work should include (updated July 1, 2001):
1. Lawyers: There are approximately 1.33 million licensed, active lawyers. in the U.S.
-Statista, “Number of lawyers in the United States from 2007 to 2020,” statista.com, accessed July 1, 2021
2. ACLUers: According to the ACLU website, the organization has more than 1.7 million members, “about 100 ACLU staff attorneys collaborate with about 2,000 volunteer attorneys in handling close to 2,000 cases annually.”
-ACLU, “ACLU History,” aclu.org, accessed July 1, 2021
3. Law Libraries and Law Schools: There are about 5,000 members of the American Association of Law Libraries and 199 ABA-Approved Law Schools.
-American Bar Association, “ABA-Approved Law Schools,” americanbar.org, accessed July 1, 2021; American Association of Law Libraries, ala.org, accessed July 6, 2021
4. Libraries: There are about 116,000 libraries in the U.S.
-American Library Association, “Number of Libraries in the United States: Home,” libguides.ala.org, accessed July 1, 2021
5. The media: Newspapers, podcasts, bloggers, vloggers, etc.
In addition, the Trump presidency has sparked increased interest in the rule of law, the ACLU and the Supreme Court.